Monday, October 4, 2010

My First Commission

  I just completed, handed over and got paid for my very first commission Barbie last night. She's actually been done for awhile now, but we've had some getting together issues.

  Anyway, a friend of mine I used to work with and just adore, Diane, asked me to make a doll of her youngest daughter, KC, for her 19th birthday. Now, KC is a fun one. I'll post the pictures I had to work with. She basically dresses like me, but has a rainbow mohawk. ha! Here's hair 1, hair 2 and the outfit I used as my guide on the left.

 She started off like this. I wasn't sure at first how to do the mohawk. I have my Suzi Retro, but I was 9 when I did her and shaved Barbie hair looks like butt. lol

   I knew I was going to have to get real creative, so I started by sectioning it all off and coloring the hawky.

   I finally figured out what to do and decided to cut the hair super short and glue it down to look like scalp. I used Modge Podge and that stuff is GREAT for such things.

 Next we made stockings. They're double layer fishnets. The bottom layer is white/clear with sparkles, the top layer is black.

  Here her dress is done and most of her outfit. At this point, all that's left is boots and hawky.

 She has her make up and place holders for her snakebites here.

 Standing next to her picture online for comparison. lol

 Almost done! There's still just a couple details to take care of. Add paint platters to the boots, fix the hawky.

 And also, right when I thought she was done, Diane let me know KC was getting her septum pierced for her bday, so I had to add that little detail aswell. lol

 I added the septum piercing and fixed the mohawk finally (modge podge again).

 I put the paint splatters on her boots!

 She's all finished and ready for her box! Which I also went a little crazy with and custom made, along with her stand. lol

 And there you have it! My first real commission! What'cha think? Mom and daughter both LOVED it! yay!

Now, I'm off to the dentist to get a tooth  pulled. :o(


- Joy -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0