Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Steampunk Barbie

 So I haven't been creative in awhile. I just haven't felt it. We all know I go through cycles of this. It could be the crazy, it could be the meds, it could be a lot of things, I don't really know. Apey hooked me up with some cool gears and watch innerds that struck my fancy in a creative way. I couldn't wait to start working on something and fast!

 I picked out the perfect Barbie and got to work. I remembered to take progress shots so I could make an actual post about it! How lucky for you all. ha! All I'm missing is a before shot.

We started off with her face plate. I created most of it off her face using a big piece and adding smaller pieces to it, like a puzzle, then glued it to her face. From there I built on to it.
I did her eyeliner before the face plate, so I painted her lips and added a neck chain. She also has mismatched screws for earrings and screw for a ring.

Then she needed a shirt, so I crafted this loosely sewed, kinda shoddy corset-esque top.
Since Steampunk is our theme, I added some hardwear to the top.

She needed a skirt, so, here's a skirt.

All finished!
Look for her as "Doll of the Day" soon!




- Joy -

2 comments:

  1. She's excellent! Love her :)
    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baby! Can't wait to see what YOU come up with! <3

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0