Sunday, December 12, 2010

Amanda Palmer

 One of my favorite bands is the Dresden Dolls. (you should have already guessed that by the user name, however. heh)  I have a bit of a girl-crush on Amanda Palmer. I think she swings heavily on the amazing side and find her music and talent quite moving. Her antics and style also lend to my fondness of her. I don't know her personally, of course, but the outward, public Amanda we get to see, well, I like.

 I've been Twittering a lot lately (I know, I know, stfu) and she's on my feed, so she's been on my mind. In between customs for other people and a doll I'm making for myself, I needed to work on something else. I decided to make an Amanda Palmer doll.

  The "relief dolls", as I've come to think of them, (yanno, the dolls I do to take a break from the tedious ones), usually don't take me very long. I think it took about 2 days, start to finish, to complete her. That includes "research", which was really google image search for photos. I started out with 1 idea, simple black dress, stripped stockings, but she has so many looks I like. I ended up working from 3 different photos and making a whole new outfit myself.

   
  
 
   







  And there you have her! Those eyebrows were a bitch, too! lol <3

- Joy -  



 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0